Saturday 27 June 2009

Another boring blog...

Once again i find myself aimlessly sat at my computer, the ever growing cloud of boredom encroaching upon my inactive mind. Whilst i complain about this boredom, it perhaps is the time i most find myself pondering upon different subjects, some of meaning some completely irrelevent to anything. Right now i have no specific thoughts pertaining to any subject of interest though which is slowly leading me into a higher form of boredom, the type that last saw me rant on organised religion. Fear not for i believe no such rant is on the horizon and instead perhaps i can fill your simple minds with even simpler feelings of joy and happiness through a blog filled with lovely stories of fairy tale endings?

The fact that i am incapable of writing such a blog of happy stories is probably the thought which is currently occupying your brain, if not a thought of 'how on earth does he plan to do that' is. Such negativity could never lead this blog to the happy pastures in which it is destined to reach. I ask that all negative thought is expelled from your mind, leaving only an empty space of naive hope and child like innocence.

Often times, we find ourselves caught up too much in what it is that is going on around us. Even I who lead a simple, perhaps hermit like life find myself worrying about the day to day trials and tribulations of it all. Sometimes it's nice to just take a few minutes away from that and listen to some music, drink some cola and write something, such as i am doing now.

I'm not sure where i am going with this blog, I truely have no clue. I guess i established that we should clear our minds! for what possible reason i am unsure and how i shall actually fulfill my promise of leaving you with happy thoughts when this blog is said and done, i do not know. Maybe i should ask that you all imagine that you read something here that is really heart warming and be done with it, such would be cheating though and would invalidate any claim of spreading joy!

We all change through our lives, on every negative can be found an equal positive. We all fail in some aspect of our lives at some point or another, the realisation of that in itself is a positive. A few years ago i was studying my A-levels, my intelligence could have dragged me through such a course blind folded. I however dropped out, ended up as a jobless bum playing computer games as if they were a job. In reading that i am sure a positive is hard to find and for a long time, perhaps there were none. What has changed in a good way is my attitude to life, it's took a while and i'm sure it could still change for the better over time but i feel like now, i have something which i didn't have then, something that had i continued without, i would have found myself crashing and burning at some point anyway. It's an actual desire to put what intelligence i do have to use. Of course, it is bad timing that such a realisation would coincide with a global economic depression and as such oppertunities are low, but perhaps the challenges that i will face over time will prove if not only to myself that who i want to be is worth the effort. If on the otherhand i decide it's too difficult or bothersome, i will know in myself that perhaps living a simple life is what i want.

We as people are all given very different qualities, it is perhaps annoying that any single quality alone will rarely get us where we want to be. I was graced with a fair intelligence but without any type of motivation behind it, i was going no where. I just hope that years of inactivity in the mental sense hasn't led to a decline in my intelligence now that i do have the motivation.

Anyway, the happy thought in all of this is, that we can be whoever we want to, it may take some time and there may be some limits but i truely believe that if you strive hard enough and work with the qualities you do have as a person, the rest will all fall into place eventually. This is the end of my happy blog! No more happy thoughts for now :)


Again, this turned into an aimless blog of no real interest or topic... i promise i'll find something interesting to blog about at some point <.<

No comments:

Post a Comment