Thursday 4 June 2009

A fun week!

Well this week has been a lot of fun, the re-opening of TXW and a lot of time spent with my family and simmons.

I'm going to try and make this blog flow seemlessly between the range of subjects that i'd like to cover, which isn't always so easy since mostly my thoughts are completely without structure and come out incoherently more often than not.

I thought this week would perhaps be a little awkward, after all it's not been too long since i first allowed my family the knowledge that i would never be bringing home a girl friend and infact am quite obviously an aids riddled faggot. As it goes the discussion about it happened with my nan just the day before simmons was scheduled to be here. I was acusstomed to meeting simmons on his home turf which was still miles away from his family due to living in dundee for uni, away from his family home. Him coming to see me, here obviously presented the problem that i live in the same town as my family and a meeting was somewhat inevitable. Regardless of how well my family took it in theory, surely it had to be different in practise? Thankfully for myself and to a greater extent simmons, it wasn't. He first met my nan who by all accounts is probably one of the most friendly people you could meet, they seemed to get a long just swell, perhaps too well... a photo of me as a child should never have been shown... but it was... ah well i think i was cute enough as a baby to not really have to be too embarrassed but still. My dad was fine around simmons also, i always envisioned that my dad would be the awkward one, i've no real reason to think that, but if anyone was going to be awkward around me and simmons i thought it would be him. In actuality it couldn't have gone better on the family side of things and it leaves a slightly bitter taste that i hadn't told them sooner, the only one who ever seemed to have a real problem with this.. was me, talk about making your life more difficult than it needs to be.

We actually spent a lot of time around my family, had dinner at my dads, went for a BBQ at my dads partners hou... boat :) I guess i should explain that a little, she lives on a boat in some private docking place on the canal, it's actually really nice and slightly hard to explain, lets just say it's really nice there... i mean where else could you have swans nesting in your backyard?

It was actually really cool to have Simmons come and meet people down here, see where i live and see me as i am at home before i move up to stay with him in scotland at the end of summer. Not only that but to take him to what can easily be considered one of the best wrestling shows in the country to see me wrestle was a plus. He's never seen me wrestle live, only on youtube so it was cool to go out there and wrestle in front of him especially when you throw in my dad, his partner, her daughter and her boyfriend and my nan (who i'm sure the smarks will agree was a great addidtion to the show).

Hmm, i think the seemless transition is working!

The show was great, as i say having those close to me in the crowd as well as the usual triple x crowd (which seems to have grown!) was a great plus. I always give 100% into my matches but having people i want to 'show off' to there aswell i feel like there's a need for an extra 20% effort.
The match i had with Andy shoes and Rhyme i feel went really well, it's not very often you have a triple threat match that you feel went well, infact i can't really think of another off of the top of my head which sticks out as something i'd put into the catagory of 'not only fun to do, but also came across well with the crowd' which this one certainly did. I think even simmons enjoyed it, which is somewhat of an accomplishment in itself, since out of the interests we do share, wrestling is not one. I'm just waiting for the dvd to come out of course to check out my own match but to watch what seemed like a fantastic show overall.

Now, with a lack of seemless transition i'm going to say that the movie 'drag me to hell' was nothing if not a disappointment. The basis for it was somewhat interesting i just think there are things which could have been done better, after the reviews it had been given i was expecting more.

Y'know, this blogging stuff is actually quite fun, i mean right now it's keeping my mind (kinda) off of the fact simmons is still on a train heading home when in my mind, he should be here with me. It also allows me to just reflect on all the things that have been going down and if nothing else allows me to read back later and remember, which is kinda cool. Also, the realisation that some people actually read these blogs i make is quite interesting to me too. A few times i've been chatting about something and someone's said 'oh i read X in your blog'. So, i hope to some at least some of this shit is at least a little interesting.

Now, i think i'm going to go to the shop before it closes for some cola, possibly some bread too! Tomorrow, i'm going to be sending out cv's to potential job positions and seemingly making a call about one which i have been pointed to (thanks ruth!)

My mood for once is as bright as the weather here, now if i can find a job, things will be complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment