Wednesday 8 July 2009

The salvation in the big bag.

So, for the most part another boring weekend, the days surrounding no better either. I doubt today will break that trend and my boredom seems set to continue for some time yet. My mood is pretty upbeat at the moment though, which can be attributed to a renewed sense of stability in my relationship which had recently been turbulent at best and at times hellish. I think after reaching somewhat of a peak a few days ago things are getting back on track.
I can't say that all of the problems were due to the continued distance between us but i do think that it is a huge contributing factor and thankfully one which is soon to be removed. This reminds me that i must apologise to my dad for seemingly without reason becoming very moody and rushing him to take me home, whilst he was happily fishing.
Relationships are hard, really hard and something you don't even think about can easily become a fairly large issue. Things done in the best intention can come back to haunt you. Still, i feel i'm learning more about being in a relationship with each passing day. Perhaps one day i'll actually be good at it.
I also hope that in time i will be less quick to jump to making angry rants about my other half when things do get bad. I posted a blog recently which made some very unfair comments, whilst it was not up for long, it probably should never have been published.
Anyway, as i say, things are back on track, a very tense and testing summit traversed. The past few days have actually been great relationshipwise, me and simmons have both admitted where we did wrong, have both talked things through and both realised that the direction we were headed was not the way we wanted to go. We now seem to be spending more time talking than we have in the past month or so and enjoying it. Hopefully, he will be making the long trip down to coventry on the 16th of july to spend 5 days here. If he is able, that time will be great, i'm sure. I still miss him no matter how much we talk and nothing can quite compare to when he is actually here, or i there.

Saturday was perhaps the one exception of my boring past few days. I headed out with my dad, jane, nathan (little bro) and his friend to the summer fate thing at Brammcote Barracks. All in all it was a pretty fun day, apparently Gurkah food is quite nice, the potato curry being the highlight.
There was a stall at the open day which was selling samosa's, onion baaji's and a variety of other food. The baaji's were great, the samosa's were ok but could have done with being a few notches spicier. However, the low point of this stall was some of the more 'healthy' food they were supplying. They had 'stuff vineleaves' which appealed to jane's vegan taste in food and i decided i would try one. Upon biting into this incredibly greasy, disgusting smelling green turd resembling 'food' I was greeted with perhaps the most grotesque taste i have ever had the misfortune of putting into my mouth. The oil from this thing just dripped on my tongue and filled my mouth on first bite. The vineleaf was stuffed with rice with a lemon hint and ofcourse the aforementioned oil. I'm not quite sure which bit of this hideous food offended me most but even before i began chewing i knew swallowing it would lead me to projectile vomit worse than the absinth mentioned in a previous blog. So here i was, in the middle of a field, this disgusting food resting on my tongue, looking around for a bin to dispose of it. I stood for i guess around 5 minutes, just surveying the various stalls in hope that i would not be forced to eventually swallow this rancid hippy food. Well i found one, i can't say i'd ever been so happy to have my head dangling over a black bag filled with various food scraps and rubbish on a hot day. The smell of the bin i remember well, it filled my nostrils infusing me with a sense of hope, this was the smell of salvation, a smell i will actually fondly remember for sometime to come. Even my father who i am certain could eat roasted dog shit without batting an eyelid tried one not long after me, having not seen the effect it had on me, also having to spit it out. Well, jane seemed to enjoy these for some reason, she ate 10 of the things. I guess when you're accustomed to drinking soya milk, this is no huge feat. All day i struggled with the after taste, even having not swallowed any, nor chewing it, the vile oil must have made it's way down my throat and soaked my tongue.
Anyway, the rest of the day was good, we left the barracks and dropped nathan and his friend off, then went to my janes boat, did some fishing, sat around etc, it was pretty sweet. Then came a text and subsequent phone calls between me and simmons at which point i turned somewhat... distracted and moody.

that's pretty much all i have been upto, it's not a lot and when the most interesting thing you have to blog about is the worst food you've ever tried, i guess it's bound to fail! A few wrestling shows coming up in the next couple of weeks though it seems and simmons just messaged me a few moments ago confirming he has brought his train tickets for the 16th! I can't wait :)

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment